I found few tips for in-store shoe fitting, I just thing this is how this blog should start off:
ESSENTIAL IN-STORE SHOE TIPS
- Buy your summer or holiday shoes one size bigger than your winter shoes.
- Buy shoes in the late afternoon, when feet are at their widest, as your foot can expand as much as half a size.
- Spend time trying shoes in the shop. Take your time! even if it took forever.
- Go for a shoe style that resembles the shape of your foot. Don’t choose a long pointed-toed shoe if you have wide toes and it is going to squash your feet
To get your real foot size…
Here’s what you do:
- Get a piece of paper, and draw lines from your big toe, and the back of your heel.
- Also measure the width of your foot the same way (Just in case )
- Use a ruler and measure with CM or Inches, or millimeters.
- Go to Online Shoe Converter. & enter your foot length number in CM… Here you are. You’re true size.
On more thing, Remember, a little space for your foot is better & merciful rather than squeezing your foot into a smaller size. You can always wear a thick socks.
Also, always check the retailer’s size chart, sometimes different manufacturers make different sizes. Here is a useful charts for some specific brands like Converse, Vans, dr.Martens…etc
MAKE SURE, You are dealing with a website that’s able to accept returns & refunds or exchange. You might not get it right the first time, so maybe you’ll have to return and get the right size. Also, I would suggest buying two sizes, one might fit perfectly, so then you can return the other, this is gonna save you double the shipping (return delivery) cost.
I am buying my UGG & Dr.Martens now, wish me luck! ❤